Construction is among the most dangerous industries in the nation. OSHA reports that one in five worker deaths occurred in construction in 2017. If you or your loved one has suffered serious injuries in a construction accident, contact Hale & Monico in Chicago for the experienced legal representation you need from our personal injury attorney.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Our lawyers have more than 30 years of combined experience and a history of success for the clients we represent. We have recovered tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements.
- We are trial lawyers who prepare every case as though it were going to court. We employ new technologies and presentation techniques in the courtroom to help substantiate your claim.
- We are passionate, dedicated attorneys, committed to protecting our clients’ rights and fighting for the maximum compensation available under the law.
Fatal Construction Accident Injury Statistics
As stated by OSHA, 20.7% (971) of the 4,674 private industry worker fatalities in 2017 occurred in construction. The leading causes of death in the construction industry were:
- Falls – 381 fatalities (39.2%)
- Struck by object – 80 fatalities (8.2%)
- Electrocution – 71 fatalities (7.3%)
- Caught in between – 50 fatalities (5.1%).
The “caught in-between” category refers to workers who were killed by being caught in or compressed by objects or equipment or struck, crushed, or caught in collapsing structures, equipment, or material.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Negligence can cause accidents and injuries on construction sites. Common types of accidents that cause construction site injuries include:
- Falls from elevations
- Floor opening falls
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Falling objects
- Crane accidents
- Equipment malfunction
- Welding accidents
- Trench or building collapses
- Dangerous substance exposure
What Are Your Options for Compensation?
If you have been injured as a worker due to a construction accident, you should be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. However, depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident and injuries, you may also be entitled to file a third-party claim for compensation, if a negligent third party (other than your employer) contributed to your accident and injuries. Third parties on construction sites may include general contractors, subcontractors, and equipment manufacturers. Under New York labor laws, landowners may also be held liable for fall injuries.
Why You Need an Attorney
Construction site injuries can lead to extensive medical treatment, extended time away from work, disability, and physical and mental pain and suffering. Construction site injury claims are complex cases that may involve multiple potentially liable parties. Our experienced personal injury lawyers can investigate your accident to determine cause and liability. If a third party contributed to your accident and injuries, we can assist you with a third-party claim for compensation for damages that may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
Contact Our Chicago Construction Accident Attorney Today!
If you have suffered serious construction site injuries, it is important to recover the maximum compensation available under the law to cover your medical bills, lost earnings, and other damages. Contact Hale & Monico right away for the legal help you need. We offer a free initial consultation with no obligation, and we will visit you in the hospital, at your home, or wherever is convenient for your needs.