Our client’s son, a 10-month-old infant, died from sepsis after contracting bacterial colitis, which went undiagnosed. After showing signs of being sick, his parents brought him to the emergency room. The emergency room contacted the family’s pediatrician. The baby was admitted to the hospital and his condition continued to deteriorate throughout the night. The hospital staff did not appreciate the severity of the baby’s worsening condition and the pediatrician never came to the hospital. Unfortunately, the lack of communication and the lack of recognition of the severity of the baby’s condition lead to the baby’s demise. The baby was survived by both parents and three minor siblings.