If you have been seriously injured through the negligence of another, you have a right to pursue compensation for your losses, which may include extensive medical expenses, lost earnings, and physical and mental pain and suffering. Your best course of action is to get an experienced personal injury attorney by your side as soon as possible. Call Hale & Monico in Chicago for dedicated legal representation in a personal injury claim.
Why Choose Us?
- We are dedicated, passionate attorneys, with more than 30 years of combined experience, committed to fighting for our clients in the courtroom.
- We are thorough in our case preparation, engaging in comprehensive research into the circumstances surrounding your accident and/or injuries.
- We take a creative, unconventional approach to case investigations and are ultimately dedicated to assisting our clients in any way we can.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury is a legal practice area that involves harm suffered by a person for which someone else may be legally responsible. The injured party is seeking damages from the responsible party for losses suffered as a result of the accident or injury. An injury claim may be pursued through formal civil court proceedings or settled informally out of court.
What Are the Elements of a Injury Claim?
To recover damages in an injury claim, you must prove that that the following four elements exist in your case:
- Duty of care: The responsible party had a duty to act in a reasonably responsible manner to not cause harm to the injured party.
- Breach of duty of care: The responsible party breached his or her duty of care to the injured party by failing to act with the level of care that a reasonable person would have exercised under the same circumstances, or by violating a law or statute.
- Causation: It must be proven that the actions of the responsible party were a cause or contributing cause to the injured party’s accident and/or injuries.
- Damages: The injured party must prove damages, or losses, to recover compensation for the harm suffered. Damages in a personal injury claim may include medical expenses, lost wages or earnings, loss of future earning potential, and pain and suffering.
Types of Personal Injury Matters We Handle
We handle a range of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Construction site injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Rideshare accidents
- Uber accidents
- Lyft accidents
- Wrongful death
- Foster care or social services negligence
Why You Need a Lawyer
The goal of our personal injury lawyers is to recover every dollar you are entitled to claim for your injuries. Attorneys for the other side will be working hard to minimize your claim or to show that you were at fault for the accident and injuries. It is in your best interest to have an experienced attorney by your side to protect your rights and interests.
Contact Our Chicago Personal Injury Lawyers Today!
Our attorneys have vast trial experience, successfully advocating for our clients and obtaining verdicts and settlements totaling tens of millions of dollars. We employ innovative technologies and presentation methods in the courtroom to further substantiate your claim. If you have suffered an injury that was someone else’s fault, contact Hale & Monico today for experienced legal representation in your personal injury matter.