Serious brain injury can have long-term, debilitating consequences for the victim. If you or a loved one has suffered brain injury through someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your losses. Contact the personal injury attorneys at Hale & Monico in Chicago today to learn more about your legal options.
Why Choose Us?
- Attorneys Andy Hale and Brian Monico have been providing dedicated, passionate representation for decades, with more than 30 years of combined experience.
- Our attorneys have extensive trial experience and a successful track record in the courtroom, recovering tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
- You can rely on us to conduct a comprehensive investigation of the circumstances surrounding your trauma and to thoroughly prepare your case as though it were going to trial, whether or not it is ultimately settled out of court.
What Is A Traumatic Brain Injury in Chicago?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines traumatic brain injury (TBI) as caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head or a penetrating head wound that disrupts the normal function of the brain. The severity of TBI can range from mild, causing brief changes in consciousness or mental status, to severe, causing an extended period of amnesia or unconsciousness.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Brain Injuries?
As stated by the Mayo Clinic, traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by a blow or other trauma to the head or body. The nature of the wound and the force of impact are factors affecting severity. Common causes of TBI include:
- Falls: Particularly among young children and older adults, falls are the most common cause of traumatic brain injury overall.
- Traffic crashes: Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents are common causes of TBI.
- Violence: Traumatic brain injury can be caused by acts of violence, including domestic violence, gunshot wounds, and violent shaking of infants.
- Sports injuries: TBI is common, particularly among youths, in high-impact or extreme sports such as soccer, football, boxing, hockey, skateboarding, and lacrosse.
- Explosive blasts and combat injuries: Traumatic brain injury is common in the military among active-duty personnel.
Traumatic Brain Injury Risk Factors
According to the Mayo Clinic, the groups of people with the highest risk of suffering from traumatic brain injuries include:
- Children – particularly newborns to age four
- Young adults, particularly those between the ages of 15 and 24
- Adults age 60 and older
- Males of any age group
Why You Need a Chicago Injuries Lawyer
Brain injury is one of the most serious injuries a person could sustain as a result of an accident. Whether it was caused by a car accident that was someone else’s fault, a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, or a violent blow to the head, you need an attorney who will vigilantly manage all aspects of your case. The insurance company on the other side has its own best interests at heart and will attempt to minimize its payout. Our experienced attorneys have the skills, knowledge, and resources to aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve, while you focus on your recovery.
Contact Our Chicago Brain Injury Attorney Today
After severe brain injury caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer by your side. Contact Hale & Monico as soon as possible for the dedicated legal advocacy you need.